jotul f100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cmferrante

Feb 7, 2016
Massachusetts
Hello all. I have had a jotul f100 since we bought the house about 10 years ago. I decided to take it apart and clean the inside well. I found this site because I was having issues. The top baffle is cracked and warped I couldn't remove it without fear of it falling apart. I ordered a new one.... it will require breaking it to get it out which I'm completely prepared for.

The actual reason for this post. While researching this stove I found something interesting. In the pictures of stoves there is a knob that is missing from mine.
I discovered I do not have an ash tray nor the grate. Is this knob for the grate? In the pictures it is just below the ash tray on the right hand side.
And in the parts diagram there is a "valve cover" on the bottom of the stove. What is this valve for? and why is it "covered"? I was thinking i was possibly missing a feature. or is this something that wasn't offered in the US?

Do you have a picture? Was the ash on an option?