1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Jotul F3 Ashpan

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Lucky21, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky21

Lucky21 New Member

We are (finally) going to use the Jotul F3 that we inherited from a neighbor in a log cabin we are building in PA. I just noticed it does not have an ashpan and I would like to add one. I'm having problems getting any information on ordering parts for the stove. I can't seem to find anyone locally that deals in Jotuls and the manual is not a help. I've also searched the archives here with no luck.

Can anyone here tell me exactly what I need to order and where I might be able to find it?

TIA

Mike

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bruce

bruce Member

Loc:
    long pond pa
    where in pa are you building?
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    If you have an original F3 you can't put an ash pan on it because it does not have the drop thru grate for it. If you have an F3 CB then it came with an ash pan originally and you can install a replacement.

In honor of Craig's requirement of not being overly commercial, send me a private message for the one new assembly we have left. If you have a hundred and fifty on hand that is.
  4. Lucky21

Lucky21 New Member

bruce,

we're building in NE PA, Luzerne Co.

BrotherBart,

pm sent.

Thanks,

Mike
  5. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    Did i read and understand that correct ? $150 for an ash pan ? Just the ash pan ?
  6. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Ash pan, ash pan housing, cast iron housing door, gaskets, hardware and stove tool for opening and closing the housing door and lifting out the ashpan.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.