Jotul F3CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotulf3cb

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
How do I remove the top of the stove? It's time to clean and I want access.
Thanks in advance.

I didn't they recomended you taking them apart. I looked in the manual but i couldn't find where it says either way. I just vacume the top out after removing the pipe.
http://www.jotul.com/FileArchive/Technical Documentation/Wood Stoves/Jøtul F 3 CB/Manual_F_3_USA_P09_010909.pdf

cass

Look closely at the sides of the stove up next to where the top sits on it. There is an Allen screw in each side that holds the top on. Remove the one on each side and the top lifts off.

thanks for sharing....didn't know about that and nice to know. My top on my VC large with cat came off easily and i took it often to vacume out or clean out the combustor. nice to know the top on the jotul comes off too.

cass

Just like BB said. I am pretty sure it takes a metric hex key though. I took mine off two weeks ago.

Be careful to put it back on just like you took it off. Lots of evidence of them not re-seating right and giving you an air leak above the baffle.

Easier just to clean out on top of the baffle through the flue collar after you take off the pipe.

It might be better to put it back on without the allen screws. Just let it sit on top, it's gasketed. Check for level to be sure it is seated squarely and then let it rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.