Jotul F500 connecting to Double wall stove pipe Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcore

Apr 8, 2008
Northern Sask Canada
Okay,

The double wall stove pipe I'm using is make by Selkirk. The catalogue can be seen here http://www.selkirkcorp.com/metalbest/Product.aspx?id=58#

I'm wondering what kind of adapter I need to use to adapt the flue collar from the stove to the double wall stove pipe?

I just want to make sure I have everything properly installed before my inspector comes.

Thanks for any help in advance

Selkirk has stove adapters in their D/W line.
You'll probably need one at the flue collar of your Oslo.
On the right side of the page that opens up from your link,
there's an installation guide...It's listed there in the parts list...

I have the stove adapter. Problem is, it is double wall. The flue outlet on the jotul f500 is really thick and therefore the stove adapter doesn't slide down far enough because the outer wall holds it. Do I have to cut that? Or do I have to get the "recessed stove adapter" that they also sell on their site?

I live up north and I hate ordering in parts that I don't need.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I can also take pictures to show what I mean.

Metalbestos makes something called an appliance adapter. I think it was part # 6DS-AA or something. It's a single wall connecter that will fit inside of your flue collar and inbetween the 2 walls of the double wall pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.