Jotul F500 connection... please help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Morgan

Oct 7, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install my Jotul F500 Oslo and connect to Selkirk double-wall stove pipe (DSP) but I'm not sure that the DSP is seating properly in the flue collar. If I use a regular length of DSP, I can get about 3/4"-1" of the inner pipe into the flue collar with the outer layer of pipe going outside the flue collar. But the outside of the pipe comes up short of the two screw holes in the Jotul flue collar so I wouldn't have a place to screw into. Does this sound right, or does this stove require an adapter of some kind to accept the DSP?

For what it's worth, I tried using a telescoping length, but that wouldn't fit inside or outside, it just seemed to butt up against the flue collar.

I can answer more questions or post pictures.

Thanks so much for any help!

I just installed a F 45. I had to get a stove pipe adapter. And also purchased longer self tapping screws to make it go al the way in. Drill a pilot hole.

I also got a finish band to hide some of aluminum showing.

with selkirk double wall you need the stove adapter to fit on the jotul

it is called the stove adapter super pro part # is
DSP*SA-1 hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.