1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Jotul F500 connection... please help!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Michael Morgan, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Michael Morgan

Michael Morgan New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install my Jotul F500 Oslo and connect to Selkirk double-wall stove pipe (DSP) but I'm not sure that the DSP is seating properly in the flue collar. If I use a regular length of DSP, I can get about 3/4"-1" of the inner pipe into the flue collar with the outer layer of pipe going outside the flue collar. But the outside of the pipe comes up short of the two screw holes in the Jotul flue collar so I wouldn't have a place to screw into. Does this sound right, or does this stove require an adapter of some kind to accept the DSP?

For what it's worth, I tried using a telescoping length, but that wouldn't fit inside or outside, it just seemed to butt up against the flue collar.

I can answer more questions or post pictures.

Thanks so much for any help!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns New Member

I just installed a F 45. I had to get a stove pipe adapter. And also purchased longer self tapping screws to make it go al the way in. Drill a pilot hole.

I also got a finish band to hide some of aluminum showing.
  3. stoveguy13

stoveguy13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    with selkirk double wall you need the stove adapter to fit on the jotul
  4. Michael Morgan

Michael Morgan New Member

They sell a couple of adapters, would you mind telling me which one I need? Thanks!
  5. stoveguy13

stoveguy13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    it is called the stove adapter super pro part # is
    DSP*SA-1 hope that helps
  6. cableman

cableman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    long island