Jotul F55 Carrabassett or PE T5,T6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow&Flame

Minister of Fire
Jun 6, 2011
Central Arkansas
Out of these three stoves, which is the best dollar for dollar? I have a relative looking
at stoves and I think one of these would fit pretty well with his needs. Wants cast non-cat
stove for about 2200sqft home with open layout.

Thanks

I can't speak for the F55, but I think the T6 offers a more versatile stove with the swing out trivet tops. I also like the stainless, enclosed secondary manifold. That said, Jotul makes good stuff so I don't think they would go wrong with either one.

You didn't say if this was in Arkansas or ?? If it is the T5 may be sufficient. Another stove to compare is the Enviro Boston 1700. It's a good looker.

I can't speak for the F55, but I think the T6 offers a more versatile stove with the swing out trivet tops. I also like the stainless, enclosed secondary manifold. That said, Jotul makes good stuff so I don't think they would go wrong with either one.

You didn't say if this was in Arkansas or ?? If it is the T5 may be sufficient. Another stove to compare is the Enviro Boston 1700. It's a good looker.

My bad...its in Kansas. Not very well insulated...mid 70s build. I was for the T6 but they like Jotul stoves...seems the Jotul F55 is patterned after the PE design thou.

Kansas is a state of extremes in weather so I would go for the T6 then if they choose the PE. But if they prefer the F55 that's fine too.

T6/Summit is a proven performer with excellent burn times. It also looks way better than the Jotul IMO. Jotul makes a nice stove though, so it should work well for them.

Wants cast non-cat stove for about 2200sqft home with open layout.

The F55 is cast? I thought it was a steel stove. If you want a cast stove of that size, check the 500 Oslo or 600 Firelight.

I like the PE stainless steel baffle system better.

Status
Not open for further replies.