Jotul F600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a hybrid cat/tube stove was released in 96, so it might have been late 80's early 90's that some of the companies started releasing stoves. Haugh's had one with a basic secondary baffle that was in the early 90's, than again that might have been around 1988 if my memory serves me right.

One mans junk can be another mans treasure.... I have bought worse and refurbed them to a working stove with plenty of life left. Jotul has a good parts supply.

Yes you are right, but at the moment it is her junk and for sure it's gonna need some refurbishment, probably more than just what we can see. I only wanted to raise caution and let him know I bet she would take whatever she can get just to get it out of there. If he is willing to put time and looks like a lot of money into it that's great. I just don't think that it's a steal. That's why I cautioned. I don't know his skills but he asked.

Is there anything other than an overfire that could pop off the enamel like that? A relative of mine has a Series 8 in ivory. It's gotten hot, but the enamel on the top has a brownish hue to it; I don't see that here.

Ended up getting the F500 last night. When I spoke to him I told him to check the things pointed out by you guys, he says everything looked good. I am going to try to stop over to take a look at the stove at some point this week, I'll snap some pictures and let you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.