1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    When did secondary burn tubes come into play, on stoves in general?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    I remember a hybrid cat/tube stove was released in 96, so it might have been late 80's early 90's that some of the companies started releasing stoves. Haugh's had one with a basic secondary baffle that was in the early 90's, than again that might have been around 1988 if my memory serves me right.
  3. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe... Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Yes you are right, but at the moment it is her junk and for sure it's gonna need some refurbishment, probably more than just what we can see. I only wanted to raise caution and let him know I bet she would take whatever she can get just to get it out of there. If he is willing to put time and looks like a lot of money into it that's great. I just don't think that it's a steal. That's why I cautioned. I don't know his skills but he asked.
  4. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Is there anything other than an overfire that could pop off the enamel like that? A relative of mine has a Series 8 in ivory. It's gotten hot, but the enamel on the top has a brownish hue to it; I don't see that here.
  5. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    Ended up getting the F500 last night. When I spoke to him I told him to check the things pointed out by you guys, he says everything looked good. I am going to try to stop over to take a look at the stove at some point this week, I'll snap some pictures and let you see.