jotul f602 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro5oh

Aug 19, 2008
downeast Maine
Hello, got a new stove for the addition and I'm wondering whats normal. I can get it up to temp no prob but what should I be seeing for temps? Closed almost completely down with 2 small sticks I had 650-700 front stovetop for an hour or so then 550 for 2 hours. Stack temp was 350-400. I'm conserned about warping the 2ndary air manifold that you see so much on these.

Go for thicker splits if you can. They will burn longer and less hot initially. 650-700F is not uncommon on this stove top.

Thats pretty normal temps for that stove and a Begreen said using some larger splits will get some longer burn times out of your 602

Generally I cruise mine at 500 to 600. It loves to cruise with the air fully closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.