Jotul Firelight Catalyst Chamber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rascal16

Dec 10, 2008
Northern NY
I need to replace the catalyst chamber and other parts associated with the catalyst. Has anyone ever done this? Is the chamber best removed via the rear of the stove or through the front after removing the burn plate etc.? I'd welcome any advice if anyone has done this. thanks Sampson

I've cleaned mine a few times. Its easiest to get to from the front. Use the stove tool (allen wrench) to remove the bolt retaining the plate at the rear of the firebox and then remove the white insulation block to access the catalyst. It slides out. I believe its best to clean it with low pressure compressed air.

Sampson said:
I need to replace the catalyst chamber and other parts associated with the catalyst. Has anyone ever done this? Is the chamber best removed via the rear of the stove or through the front after removing the burn plate etc.? I'd welcome any advice if anyone has done this. thanks Sampson

I've never replaced the cat chamber but I do know they are available (somewhat pricy), as is the cat cover. The lead time on those items is the bummer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.