Jotul Firelight Model 12 With pictures and questions!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VCBurner

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2010
Templeton, MA
Jotul Wood Burning Stove model 12 new in 1998, still in great shape and works great. I have the manual. Front and top loading, with a pedal. No rust or damage. The flue measures 6 inches. Weighs approximately 300 lbs.

Anyone familiar with this model? Is it a cat or non cat? Tell me about yours!

Attachments

• Firelight1.jpg
    Firelight1.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,856
  • Firelight2.jpg
    Firelight2.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 789
  • Firelight3.jpg
    Firelight3.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 861
  • Firelight4.jpg
    Firelight4.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 859
VCBurner said:
Jotul Wood Burning Stove model 12 new in 1998, still in great shape and works great. I have the manual. Front and top loading, with a pedal. No rust or damage. The flue measures 6 inches. Weighs approximately 300 lbs.

Anyone familiar with this model? Is it a cat or non cat? Tell me about yours!

It should be a Cat.

I looked at a few used ones when I was shopping for the third stove. The BTU ratings are different than the current F600. I never figured out why, so I don't know how the heating compares to the current F600. I do know that the older Firelights were prone to cracking. I saw a few and each time they had a crack it was on the right or left side panel.

I never found one that was in good shape AND decently priced so I never got very far in my research of the stove.

I thought they quit making those in bout '95. I would like to get ahold of one of these, I love Jotuls, and Blaze Kings of course. I bet it weighs about 450 not 300 pounds though. Do they want much for it?

webby3650 said:
I thought they quit making those in bout '95. I would like to get ahold of one of these, I love Jotuls, and Blaze Kings of course. I bet it weighs about 450 not 300 pounds though. Do they want much for it?
They were asking for $500 but had a "prospective" buyer looking at it this morning. I also saw a white enamel firelight 12 for sale while researching about that model. Kind of looked like the one from the Hearth.com home page pic of the gallery.

VCBurner said:
webby3650 said:
They were asking for $500 but had a "prospective" buyer looking at it this morning. I also saw a white enamel firelight 12 for sale while researching about that model. Kind of looked like the one from the Hearth.com home page pic of the gallery.
I will buy it if you don't!

webby3650 said:
VCBurner said:
webby3650 said:
I will buy it if you don't!
It's a heck of a heater and does have a heck of a name! But, I also remember looking at one of these last year and the side panel was cracked on it. Searching it here on Hearth.com, I found out that it was not their brightest invention and there's a reason why they don't do cats anymore. However, I have nothing against cat stoves. So, I told the seller to give me a call if the stove doesn't sell to the other buyer. I am still interested. It is located about an hour away from me in Thompson, Connecticut. Do a search on the web under Jotul Firelight 12 and you may even find something closer to you! Nice looking stoves, that's for sure!
Thanks for the posts Webby.

Ok, check this page and pic of the other Firelight: (I emailed the seller Friday and he has not responded, it may be gone)
http://ithaca.craigslist.org/for/2163655723.html

Attachments

• JotulFirelightIvory.jpg
    JotulFirelightIvory.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 477
Status
Not open for further replies.