Jotul GF 600 DV LP stove ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainely Saws

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2010
Topsham , Me.
Hello again folks !
I'm looking for further info on a used Jotul GF 600 LP stove that's for sale used . The owner thinks it is about 8 years old but has had very limited usage & says it is in very good condition . It does have a wall thermostat but it doesn't have a blower & I would need to buy all the piping for it . I'm wondering if an 8 year old unit has the ability to burn at a low rate like the new units or if it's just an on / off set up as far as the burner goes . Any info on this stove would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks ,
Bob

Hey Dave ,
Thanks , I plan on taking a look at this stove soon & I'll be sure to check out the data plate ........

Bob

If your worried about turn down AND your getting a great deal on the stove, say 5-600 for flat black or 6-900 for a non chipped enamel, I would just buy a thermostat for it and live with the fact that you wont be able to view a flame every time you wanted. If memory serves, all the Jotul 600 gas stoves could work on a thermostat

<>I would just buy a thermostat for it and live with the fact that you wont be able to view a flame every time you wanted.<>

Why wouldn't he be able to see the flame, Franks?
Even an 8-year-old Jotul DV stove had a glass front...

Status
Not open for further replies.