Jotul Model #121 - Elf

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandi630

Oct 2, 2008
Eastern PA
I am looking for the clearances for a Jotul Model #121 wood stove. I only have 26" inched available on the sides and I'm hoping the clearances for this stove are less than 36".

Does anyone have a manual?

thanks
Sandi

I have the manual. It states side dimension clearance (A) = 44 3/4"
Back dimension (x)= 38".

I use this stove as my primary heat source in not so warm NH.

Btw it is Elg=ELK

Good luck

Elg, welcome, Thanks for the info. Does the manual state that a clearance reduction is possible with an NFPA wall shield?

PS: Hope you can post a picture of your stove sometime.

The Manual states nothing about any heat shields. Was NFPA around in 1979?

There was an optional heat exchanger which required 22 guage steel for the hearth.

I'd like to get a hold of one of those.

Does the manual have a sentence saying clearances may be reduced by using an approved wall shield or something to that effect?

I did find NFPA mentioned on a re-read. the Manual states to refer to
NFPA pub no. 211 for the venting and must be installed in accordance with U.L. listing. Unfortunately it says nothing about shields save the floor shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.