Jotul Oslo Blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eightpilot

Jul 2, 2008
Northern WI
Anyone have a pic of what it looks like installed? How much does one cost? Thanks....8

It is just a heat shield on the rear of the stove with a blower mounted at the bottom. I wouldnt recommend one though. The Jotul stoves are made to be radiant and installing a fan on them only takes that away from them. I would recommend a ceiling fan or a box fan pointed at the stove. Both of those options would work better.

The blower is over-rated on this stove, in my opinion. I’d have to go look at the breakdown on the invoice to get you the exact price. I think it was $270ish. If I had it to do over again, I would not have bought the blower.

Yes I was told the shield and blower $275.00, and someone had apicture of one on here somewhere cai't remeber where,and I was surpriced at the looks , seems like looked like 2 scoops up the back.

I've been running this Oslo for 4 years now and was going to look into making a custom blower setup for it. I already have the rear heat shield. Being that the back of my stove is recessed into my old fireplace, I don't think having a fan back there will negatively affect the radiant heat on the rest of the stove. Great stove by the way, heats my house all winter long on about 2 cords of hardwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.