(Jotul) Paint, ...and cement question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinK

Jan 15, 2010
Hudson Valley NY
I recently purchased a Jotul F 500 stove, ...that as per original purchaser's request, ...was painted the color "Jotul Iron" when bought new. I really love the color, ...and am looking to get a bit more paint to do the stove pipes.

Aside from the local dealers, ...is anyone aware of an online source for paint (specifically "Jotul Iron 1A262H221" )

Also, ...I noticed a tiny area in the stove (bottom left where it meets the side) where the furnace cement appeared loose.
Any suggestions here on a good quality cement to use? I assume regular furnace cement would be OK, ...but I suspect the experts here may have a better suggestion...?

Thanks again,

Kevin

I'm just guessing here, but to get that specific a paint you might have to get it from the dealer unless you're willing to get something close in color.

Just regular old stove cement should work fine inside the firebox.

...yup, luckily I was able to get out of work in time to make it to the local dealer, ...and they had the paint on hand. Same with the cement, ...they had a tube there, so I picked it up, ...pretty much regular furnace cement. They said the same, ...should be just fine....

Thanks...

2000 F Rutland Stove cement in small and large tubes.

Works great!

Valhalla said:
2000 F Rutland Stove cement in small and large tubes.

Works great!

Ironically, ...that is exactly what I got (Rutland stove cement in the caulking tube :)

Now you know we want to see a picture of this nicely painted stove don't cha know? ;)

firefighterjake said:
Now you know we want to see a picture of this nicely painted stove don't cha know? ;)

lol :), ...I was thinking that.
I'll try to get some pics tonight ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.