Jotul price increases?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that sounds right, but keep in mind that dealers and manufacturers often offer last years pricing and/or discounts at this time of year. For instance, a company might tell dealers at the show this week (national trade show) that an order placed by March 15 will get last years pricing and good terms, etc.

So, in effect, a manufacturer price increase really should not matter to a customer, but rather you may have to shop around since some dealers don't take advantage of these special offers.

Place I went to had 15% off all stock they had on hand at their warehouse. So my 600 firelight originally 2300 was 1954 + tax. I love a deal ;-) I thought of waiting til next year but figured what the heck, if I know i'm gonna buy it anyway I might as well get a good price.

Appleby said:
Yep, I pick up my Oslo a week ago for $2,099 in Brown Maholic (enamel). Regular $2,499.
thats a good price, I paid 2200 for mine

Attachments

• 100_0851.JPG
    100_0851.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 251
That brown enamel is almost too beautiful to get dirty.

The list on my blue/black in 2002 was $1899 I think. I got 10% off stove and chimney from my dealer when I installed in July. I think the Supervent chimney was about $90 per 3' section then as well.

Inflation sucks, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.