Jotul Rangeley Install before and After Pictures... Any thoughts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelseaFC

Mar 22, 2011
Northern, NJ
Did the install myself with a lot of help from my uncle and wife.

After all said and done, I'm proud of myself.

Feel free to comment, good or bad. I just wanted to show off a little!!

BEFORE:
Before.jpg

And After:

Rangeley.jpg

That came out spectacular, you should be proud of nice work like that! Very nice choice of materials and nicely done!

Ray

Wow that looks awesome! Great job

Beauty!!! Great job.

Very nice. I admire those with talent for color and texture. You have the talent. The stove looks good also.

That looks GREAT - and the stove ain't half bad looking either ;)

I've seen with my own eyes one of those Jotul Rangeley's and they are a nice stove.

Happy burning!
Bill

Super job. That's quite a change. I like the dove grey room color. It's a nice compliment to the stonework.

Now get some fire in the belly of that beast!

ChelseaFC said:
Did the install myself with a lot of help from my uncle and wife.

After all said and done, I'm proud of myself.

Feel free to comment, good or bad. I just wanted to show off a little!!

Looks great. How old is the house, and how drafty or tight is it? I am interested in knowing how this stove performs.

And what is the claimed firebox size. Based on Jotul's website, they make it seem like it is about the same size as the Oslo.

well done!

pen

Beautiful! Looks like real stone too.

How come my install took 8 pages? ;)

Thanks to all for the positive comments. It feels good.

NordicSplitter said:
Did you sacrifice the air vent and outlet?

I sacrificed the electrical outlet but did not sacrifice the vent. I plan on using the vent's fan to circulate the air when the stove is on.

BrowningBAR said:
Looks great. How old is the house, and how drafty or tight is it? I am interested in know how this stove performs.

And what is the claimed firebox size. Based on Jotul's website, the make it seem like it is about the same size as the Oslo.

The house is about 6 years old and it is pretty tight. As soon as I start it up I will post how it performs on here. The chimney is about 19ft tall so I don't think draft will be an issue.

Oo la la . . . very, very nice installation. I like this one a lot!!!

VERY VERY NICE!!!

fv

Looks great! Nice work.

firebox size is 2.67 cu ft i believe.

I did look at the Rangely when I was researching stoves and thought the Rangely was interesting.. If I remember right the top load was a bit small compared to the other load methods so I decided on a front load only but still like the Rangely.. Look forward to hearing your experiences!

Good Luck!

Ray

You are correct in the top load it is good for smaller wood but the big stuff for a long or night time burn is easily fed in the front door.I agree and i thought the same but when i saw this stove i just knew it was what we needed and it's built like a bomb shelter.I'll keep ya posted when we start burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.