Jotul Rockland 550 damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffelse

Apr 4, 2011
Churchville, PA
Any Jotul 550 owners out there? Had my new insert installed last week. After 3 increasingly hotter fires, I am playing with the damper. It doesn't seem to go all the way closed on the left. Is this normal? Its about a half inch.

Jotul controls are often like that, the indicator on the casting does not reflect the same as the mechansm
. how long a burn are you getting? does it seem to burn outta control?

I had very little seasoned hardwood laying around to really test it but it does control the fire. I was just wondering since it seemed like I might have had a defect in the unit.

Normal. Infact on a previous thread there was discussion about taking it apart and grinding the mechanism so it will go lower and give you longer burns. Its probably an epa thing, making sure the stove cant go too low for a cleaner burn.

Lots of info on the 550 try a search (also try search using 'rockland') but this will get you started... https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/24713/

Status
Not open for further replies.