Jotul Rockland 550?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacKay

Jan 21, 2008
SW. Pennsylvania
I called my local dealer to inquire about getting a Rockland 550. I was told they would not be available until June, and that Jotul was working some bugs out of them. Any truth to this or am I being fed a line to sell the in-stock Kennebec?

I know from others on this forum that they had to wait months for theirs to arrive. I got mine quickly because dealer had one in stock.

I just called my dealer, who has an outstanding reputation in this area, and asked about any 'bugs' being worked out of them. She said, 'No. There is a huge back order on them still.' She got out her list and it showed B.O.'s for 200 units since the trade show. Thats not counting outstanding orders.

So maybe your dealer does have extra 450's that he wants to move out since it is late in the season.

I ordered mine in the middle of November and didn't get it until the end of February. So I think June seems about right. I wonder what the bugs are too. Maybe you can inquire?

I was trying to figure out if the "bugs" comment was to try to push the in-stock unit.

I would also be interested if there were any bugs as I have one just installed last month. If there are bugs I want to have them fixed. If you could keep us posted that would be great. As far as the unit, not big complaints so far, I wish I could get more burn time out of it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.