Jotul Rockland and oil delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockreid

May 7, 2008
Stamford, CT
oil truck came today....only 79 gallons! Woo-hoo!

I figure my new Jotul saved at least 100 gallons so far this season, considering I only turned on the oil heat full time about 5 days ago. The Rockland has been able to keep my 2600sf house at moderate temps through the Fall by itself for the most part, and my strategy for now through the winter will be to supplement the oil furnace and try to burn through 3 cords or so through the year (out of my 5).

The falling oil prices have helped the budget greatly, but the wife is already getting spoiled by the direct heat from the Jotul!

Account that to the stove and see how long it takes to pay back.

I think our stove is great just for the personal experience. The money saved is an added bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.