Jotul Touch-Up Paint

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clr8ter

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2010
Southern NH
I have a Blue-Black Oslo that needs some touch-ups. The local dealer doesn't stock the paint. (Eye roll) Is there any other stove paint that will match the color? Thanks in advance.

The blue black tends to be the most durable of the finishes Jotul offers. its rare i hear of one needing touch up paint. sometimes i have seen then with some stove cement over flow. maybe try some denatured alcohol first on the spots that do not match.

The dealer didn't seem interested. There is another dealer sort of in the area I might try. Since I bought the stove used, it didn't come with the paint. I know when it needs touching up.......if it's scratched, it's scratched. And, where the side door gasket closes on the lip of the stove, it rusted, probably cause the gasket held moisture on it over the summer. And last year we had a boil over on the top, that made a small rust spot, too.

Seeing as how you are in southern NH, try Fireplace Village (several locations including Keene and Peterborough). They may either have the paint or I am pretty certain they would be happy to order it for you. Of course, that is, if you have not already tried them.

If they a Jotul dealer they can order anything. I have looked thru there parts books. Sounds like a lazy guy. As far as I know you can't get Jotel parts direct from Jotul or other Internet sales. If someone knows that you can please correct me, I'd love to has a shop by mail source. Like most business today they don't stock parts. But in a week they can get it. I got the touch up paint to, but I don't know where it is, must be dried up by now.

That wasn't a rattle can paint by stove bright? Thats how they painted mine. I made sure they left the extra can of paint just in case they dis-continue the color.

Spray paint is not for the enameled stoves, just the black painted model.

Yup. Fireplace Village is the place I called. And, yes, I'm talking about the flat black finish, not the shiny baked-on enamel. I was under the impression they called this finish Blue-Black.....

Having been to my dealer looking for parts that they failed to include when I bought my stove from them, I can say that this time of the year is the worst to try to get parts from a dealer. I think I have read about 10 posts this week about mfg's only supplying parts to dealers, and if you don't have a dealer in your area you are SOL. Nevermind driving 1 hour to your dealer and no one will wait on you as you already have a stove and you are just looking for parts. Like the previous poster mentioned, check Prestons out....I have heard good things about them

clr8ter said:
Yup. Fireplace Village is the place I called. And, yes, I'm talking about the flat black finish, not the shiny baked-on enamel. I was under the impression they called this finish Blue-Black.....

The blue-black is an enamel. They call the flat black finish, matte black paint.

My mistake, then, matte black paint is what I have........

BeGreen said:
clr8ter said:

The blue-black is an enamel. They call the flat black finish, matte black paint.

On the paint subject where can we buy touch up paint for the Alderlea stoves and what color would it be called?

Thanks,
Ray

I'd call the dealer 1st. Really, the stove manufacturer should make touch up paint, and the dealers should stock it. I did contact that other dealer, and they did have the stove polish, and would order the paint. But, it wasn't JOTUL paint, and my friend had a can of Rutland Matte Black 1200 deg stove paint. So I used that. Looks nice, pretty close color match, I bet when I fire it to cure the paint, you won't be able to tell I did it......now on to replacing the side door seal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.