Jotul winterport 350 glass for door direction question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bears12th

Feb 28, 2008
Eastern Connecticut
So when I received my winterport, my glass was split. They replaced the glass for the door but it came with no indication on which side faces in or out. The directions say it will have a written comment when looking at the glass at an angle, but I don't see any.

What to do???

Does it really matter which side is facing in/out?

Thanks for the advice. My inspection is tomorrow for my newly (and hopefully approved) insert and SS liner with ceramic insulation and block off plate. Looking forward to smelling the place up with some good curing if I can only get approved and figure out which way the glass goes. THANKS!!!!!

Bears

I would say you want the smooth side in. If both sides are smooth then it should not make any diffrence.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.