Jotul won't turn off!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaliving

Oct 25, 2014
santa cruz california
Jotul Lillehammer, about 14 years old. Upon restarting from having it off all summer: pilot lights fine. Used thermostat to turn it on. It wont turn off! I tried removing the thermostat from the wall so the wires are now an open circuit - stove stays on!

Do I feel stupid. I just found the Heat/Off/Tstat switch. I was set to Heat (full time heat). Stove is fine.

Jotul Lillehammer, about 14 years old. Upon restarting from having it off all summer: pilot lights fine. Used thermostat to turn it on. It wont turn off! I tried removing the thermostat from the wall so the wires are now an open circuit - stove stays on!

Glad you found the problem. We're going to be lighting our stove off pretty soon too and I'll make sure that switch is still in the right position.

Status
Not open for further replies.