Jump from 120,000 feet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thanks for posting I would a missed it.... 107000....

Now over the jump altitude and going through the jump checklist.

Via Con Dios Felix.

Reactions: PapaDave
Oh my gosh, we're accelerating.

Caught in a tractor beam!

"Ok, we're gettin' serious now, Felix.....let me know when suit pressurizes."

Wouldn't it be funny if after he fills his suit, that he couldn't fit through the door?

Classy landing!

My heart was in my throat! !!!

I really wonder what the price of that was, from start to finish, and where all the $$$ came from. (I probably couldn't afford his helmet paint job).

Reactions: PapaDave
Previous attempts have cost over $20M. Red Bull was a big sponsor.

The vidcam of him standing at outside the capsule was fantastic. The whole thing was impressive. Looking forward to seeing the video from the cameras that were attached to his suit.

This wasn't the angle I liked best, but, still pretty cool.
tumblr_mbwarimsWZ1qzgeemo1_500.gif

Here's the angle that I liked. It just seems amazing that he was standing on the ledge, in what seemed like space, preparing to jump back to earth.
xaxmF.jpg

BBC reported today that the expected advertising and appearances revenue should net a cool 100M pounds. That should cover the costs nicely and RedBull gets a one of a kind advertisement to the entire world (over 100M viewers watched the event). I liked their choice of background music.

And then there was this one.

Read a bit about Red Bull today. Very interesting. Actually, my cousin's son in Durango Colorado has worked on several of Red Bull's many X-treme sports productions...he's something of an X-treme sportsman himself. Anyway, I was thinking that if Red Bull was a nation, I'd consider moving there. Very profitable with a terrific balance sheet, not at war with anyone, admired around the world, and they have a space program. What's not to like? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.