June 1st.... With Fire?!?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Have had the Quad set for 67° for the last month and never fired (will kick on at 65° with 2° swing).. Been wanting to clean it.... Never got to it. I did the Fahrenheit and painted the Firebox.

About 15 minutes ago, the Quad started to Fire up. Low tonight is mid 40's. It's 51° now and we had a high of almost 70.. Pretty chilly outside now.

There is maybe 10 lbs of pellets in the Quad. Should he plenty. Never had a fire in June before. . . . .

Been a weird year... Mild Winter... But keeps dragging. !!

I seen Saves$ is still burning the other day? Anyone else keep the stat set? I wont burn LP..... Period. ;)

(The window is dirty, but I have only cleaned the Quad a couple times this year. Wanted to see what it really had. Still starts every time and runs great) 2012-06-01_22-17-07_605.jpg

Reactions: smoke show
Mine was on the other day, and based on forecasts of 2 days with highs in the 50's next week, I'm sure I'll be burning some more.

Hi Dexter

Well it is 56.8 degrees F outside here right now at 11:10 PM but inside the house it is 74 Deg F in the house.
So probably do not need any heat tonight since the forecast low is only 54 Deg F for 5 AM Sat morning.

However it is 65.1 deg F in the shed right now, so if I was out there all night then I might need to turn the Enviro Meridian on T-Stat. I do not like the 30 min low fire before shutdown on the T-Stat!

Still miss the Quadrafire Classic Bay CB1200, I really liked how that works on the T-Stat!

Maybe we will need heat Monday morning! See forecasted low is 43 Deg F for June 4th wow!

http://hearthcom.com/fpanim.gif

Attachments

• NHForecast06012012.jpg
    NHForecast06012012.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 112
  • FireHearth.gif
    FireHearth.gif
    138.6 KB · Views: 117
Mine was running this morning. 50 when I got up. By the looks of the forecast, won't be doing a final clean for another week. Maybe the final cleaning will be the start-up cleaning in the fall.

Reactions: DexterDay
I got it fired up this morning ! I don't need to prove I am a man by freezing my wife lol.

Pete

I pulled the plug out of the hopper on the Mt Vernon and fired her up last night to burn out the last few pounds of pellets left in the hopper for just such an emergency.

Eric

Well, it was 58.8 in the shed so I flipped up the toggle switch to LX1500U connected to the Enviro to take the chill out and now it is 70 for when I go out there.

I agree "At 50 most of you should be running your A/C." but the wife believes that 60 is way to cool. Would rather burn a handful of pellets than oil.

My heat hasn't run in a couple weeks! Gets in the 40s at night, but the heat from the day is enough to keep the house at around 70*ish.

Wimps. At 50 most of you should be running your A/C.

Hell, I don't run the a/c until it's 90 and humid for a week straight, I'm too cheap............C'mon Bear if ya hadn't buttoned it up, I can bet that Mrs Bear just might be grumbling; or at least the aging feline in the home might be :)
Yeah, caved in and ran it for 30 minutes to take the dampness out.

I gave in to the wifey today. I don't want to admit it to her, but it was a little chilly in the house. And the forecast looks cool for the next few days. Dumped the last bag of Logic in the hopper. That should be the last one for the season. Glad I didn't do a season end clean yet. Picked up a leaf vac and Ive been wanting to try it out, just haven't had the time.

Hell, I don't run the a/c until it's 90 and humid for a week straight, I'm too cheap............C'mon Bear if ya hadn't buttoned it up, I can bet that Mrs Bear just might be grumbling; or at least the aging feline in the home might be :)
Yeah, caved in and ran it for 30 minutes to take the dampness out.

Nope, it is way past burn time here, the temperature has to be less than it is inside at the moment to even think about additional heat. Mrs. Bear will just bake something if she feels chilled. Yes, my stove is buttoned up, in fact the termination cap is in the garage and the vent and oak are plugged.

I gave in to the wifey today. I don't want to admit it to her, but it was a little chilly in the house. And the forecast looks cool for the next few days. Dumped the last bag of Logic in the hopper. That should be the last one for the season. Glad I didn't do a season end clean yet. Picked up a leaf vac and Ive been wanting to try it out, just haven't had the time.

Try and take a video if you can....

There are a few very good videos (examples) out there. But having another cant hurt ;)

Plus pics and videos are always Nice...

51 here windy and raining raw..stove was unplugged..lol mama was wining so oh well set er off....nice and toasty now..

Ran mine today for a bit to take the chill out. It's been cool and rainy lately. Glad I postponed the end-of-season cleaning!

Had mine runnin' the other night, just to take the chill out. I can see kicking it on every now and again all summer long. I'll do a year end cleaning in October to get ready for the season. Heck I smile every time I switch it on why go 6 months without it?

Try and take a video if you can....

There are a few very good videos (examples) out there. But having another cant hurt ;)

Plus pics and videos are always Nice...

I'll try to post a video and/or pics. I've been having trouble with pics lately. Trying to figure out how to upload from phone.

It's a droid OS. It's a samsung captivate.

post cleaning on another thread ..op talking about heating in june.....

Status
Not open for further replies.