June? Just light up the wood stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
I usually clean the chimney and the wood stove by end of May. Good thing I am kind of lazy this year. Just light up the wood stove. It's damp and cold today.

What planet are we on? I burned only about 1.5 cords all winter and debated cutting the grass for Christmas, but we're burning in June?

If the climatologists had just named it "global climate change" instead of "global warming", we could have avoided years of discord. All it took was one colder-than-normal season to "disprove" global warming. In fact, the prediction was that the average yearly temperature worldwide would increase by only a few degrees over a hundred or more years. No one would live long enough to even notice this (like the frog in the pan of water on the stove). What that few-degree change will produce, however, is severe shifts in weather patterns.

Sigh...if only.

Just lit up the PE. I;m stacking next year wood that just got delivered, and pulling from the "tres seasoned stashes".

So glad I out the house plants out for their summer vacation Sunday, going down to 40 ish here tonight. Hope they make it
scared0005.gif

I usually clean the chimney and the wood stove by end of May. Good thing I am kind of lazy this year. Just light up the wood stove. It's damp and cold today.

I hear 'ya Gunks. We're probably within minutes of each other. (I can see the "gunks" as soon as I leave my road... ;) ) It was a raw day and looking at the forecast lows that keep getting lower I wouldn't be surprised to see frost in the mountains or up in Sullivan county.

I was eyeing the Rangeley and very close to lighting off a fire. With AC units in the windows. ;lol

We has a 3 degree range from morning to night. 49F to 52F. ;hm I decided to light up some electrons and kicked the thermostat up to 71F. Much better now!

It was 51° here last night......I have a personal problem with lighting a stove in June and there is no way it's happening unless we have a blizzard and subzero temps :) ;) ;lol It's just wrong lol

Luckily the 90::F weather we had last week got stored in the stone, so the 50::F temps of the last two nights didn't chill the place down too bad. We had eighties at the end of February, and fifties at the start of June, and Tornadoes and Hurricanes in between. Welcome to Maryland, where if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes...

Luckily the 90::F weather we had last week got stored in the stone, so the 50::F temps of the last two nights didn't chill the place down too bad. We had eighties at the end of February, and fifties at the start of June, and Tornadoes and Hurricanes in between. Welcome to Maryland, where if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes...

Just noticed that you were from Carroll Cty. I was born there and lived there for 11 years. We still go back once or twice a year to visit relatives and friends. I lived right off of Snydersburg road and still love Snyders Ice Cream.....Have you ever been there?

Just noticed that you were from Carroll Cty. I was born there and lived there fro 11 years. We still go back once or twice a year to visit relatives and friends. I lived right off of Snydersburg road and still love Snyders Ice Cream.....Have you ever been there?
You're memory betrays you, it is Simmons ice cream! Yes, it is such a quaint store! I am on Emory Road between Finksburg and Hampstead.

Status
Not open for further replies.