Juniata premium Pellets...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spokes0831

Did anyone out there buy any of the Juniata premium pellets and having trouble with them? I am located in South Central Pennsylvania. After reading a bunch of reviews on them i bought some this year, but it seems my auger is not feeding the fire with them. Dont know if it is the pellet quality or my auger. Anyone have any problems similiar to what i am experiencing. Any solutions? It seems these pellets are really dirty and my pellet stove requires alot more cleaning.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum Spokes. Your the first person I can remember that didn't like the Juniata, but it isn't sold a lot around here, afaik. More info on what stove you have, vent set-up, and cleaning regimen you have, stove settings, etc, etc will help.

If you put your stove make & model in your signature line, it will help us to know what we're dealing with if you write w/ a problem in the future.....right now, we're flying blind.....Thanks!

It could be that the pellets are too long and are jamming up before the auger. The juniatas are ok, there are much better pellets in my opinion. Check out Wertz coal yard right near you, any pellets you get from there are good quality pellets. Been going there for six years, good honest guy.

Thanks guys for your input. i am running an Enviro Empress Free Standing........and i clean it several times a year.....im talking chimney, and total stove. this is aside from my several weekly cleanings i do to keep running smoothly. This is the second year I have the stove. The first year I burned energex from Agway. Worked like a charm, never had a problem all last year. Had the guys from where i bought the stove at my house today to check it out. They replaced the blower, due to the fact it was throwing any heat. luckily still under warranty. They inspected it, and said it was clean. Fired it up.....and worked well for about an hour after they left......and she died on me. Me and the wife both said...."maybe its the pellets"......being they seemed longer. It seemed like the auger would pulse, and every second or third cycle pellets would drop in the burn pot. Pellets did not drop every time the auger called for it. I messed with the auger trim and set it for "poor" quality pellets, and the cycle was about the same. I got a few ton of these pellets to burn through. I read a bunch of reviews last year on these pellets, and got great reviews. I complained to my pellet vendor about the amount of ash i was getting from these pellets, and they told me.....I was not the only one to complain about them, for they seem to be a problem. But I guess I am learning my lesson my sophmore year of pellet burning. i will check out wertz.

If you think it is the pellets buy a couple of bags of another brand and try them and see if you still have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.