junk cap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
I ordered the Duratech 6 inch pipe cap from Woodland Direct. It was 87$ with shipping.
It clearly was supposed to have the screen in it. It didnt. And it was slightly bent in the beat up box.
I never would have ordered it if I knew it was going to show up like that. NOT worth the money.
Make your own or get a cheaper one somewhere.

I am sure they will take it back if you arent satisfied. Have you contacted them yet?

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Should always let the company make good befor flaming them.wierd stuff happens sometimes

agreed....maybe the thing was damaged in shipping.....the company cant really control that.....you did mention that the box was bent and slightly beat up......what about a brick-and-mortar store? Tried that? At least that way you can SEE it before you buy it.......just a thought.

Did I sell that cap?? I had a bunch of those I sold for that price, did you buy it on Ebay?? oh, sorry...I see it was Woodland....yeah, those things are cheap, The delivery people would crush the box and somehow it became my fault...I threw out the last 7 or so I had. I agree...wicked cheap. Sold as stainless but a magnet sticks to it...go figure. Stainless steel plated perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.