Just a cool pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Pulled the tarp off the piles today to shift it over onto some of the newer rows. The two rows that got me through the season left a 6 foot section of the tarp hanging over the sides of the next row. Moved it over so it tops the rows only. Took the pick from atop the pile after pulling the tarp off to reposition it.

Attachments

• tree49.jpg
    tree49.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 700
Beauty!!!

Sweet
How many cords?
I see several wood types.
How well is it seasoning being covered & stacked this compact?

Got wood? :p

Looks like a firewood highway! How many cord do you have there?

Ray

Very Nice! How many cords do you have?

mywaynow said:
Pulled the tarp off the piles today to shift it over onto some of the newer rows. The two rows that got me through the season left a 6 foot section of the tarp hanging over the sides of the next row. Moved it over so it tops the rows only. Took the pick from atop the pile after pulling the tarp off to reposition it.

Nice stacks of wood, we want the picture of you on top of the stacks.

Zap

mywaynow, that is a nice wood pile. We've stacked that way many times and as long as you have long drying times it works well. But I don't like tarps for covering. It is a last resort for us to use the tarps.

looks like a wood oasis to me. Great work!

The rows are about 2.25 cord each, and there are 7 rows. After the seventh row, my insanity has taken hold and I have been stacking species-specific wood on plastic pallets. It makes it harder to determine cords, but I would say I have 4-5 cord in that manner. The stuff is seasoning very well, but I am getting 2.5 years minimum c/s/s, and now will get even longer times. One thinig I was curious about was the concern about condensation. The wood on the top layers is dry and free of any mold. There is alot of breeze in this spot, and the rows are run parallel to the wind. As far as types, it is mostly Red Oak, with equal parts Ash, Beech, White Oak, Maple and Walnut. I intend to keep the stacks tarped on the top at all times. We get plenty of rain in the spring, summer and early fall, and the stacks are in a shady area. The stuff I burn't this season was great burning wood. I don't own a MM, and don't know if I ever will. I may find somebody that has one and split and measure a piece out of the next row just for curiousity's sake.

Slow business over the winter has made for this pile to grow nicely. Couldn't be happier with oil bending us over the fence once again.

Worry not. That wood will give you pleasure for a long time.

Yeah buddy - that's a nice stack! Sit back and enjoy the look of it! Beautiful.

That is......well may I say...absolutely freakin beautiful....wish the heck I saw that in my backyard.......very nice pic....thanks for sharin.....very jealous....... :) Never thought I would be so excited about a pic of wood...what a difference 8 months makes to make me excited about something...something like wood...who wooda thunk it....

Status
Not open for further replies.