Just A Fun Picture "That's My Boy"!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Jan 16, 2008
Putnam, CT
My Cat has really gotten in to this Wood Stove thing. Here he watches patiently as the fire begins to build.
Like father like son! :p

Attachments

• Resize of Peeps Watching Wood Stove 3.JPG
    Resize of Peeps Watching Wood Stove 3.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 695
Last year if I let the stove die out and the house got too cool my wife's cat would walk over to the stove and start yowling at me.

BrotherBart said:
Last year if I let the stove die out and the house got too cool my wife's cat would walk over to the stove and start yowling at me.

Sure it's the wife's cat. . . ;-)

I like the red eye reflection in the stove glass.
Curiously, my cat has no interest in the woodstove. She doesn't seem to enjoy heat.

When I was at a logging camp as a young fellow there were a few feral cats we'd feed, and one small black cat was tame enough that it would come in the bunkhouse and curl up right under the woodstove. When it came out, you could pet it but it would just about burn your hand!

Nice. Kinda makes me wish I would have bought a cat stove after all.

It's not a wood stove, but as you see on my Avatar, That is the cat's home during the winter, she sleeps there day and night.

Two of mine ignore the fire altogether (other than chewing wood), but my big black guy will sit three inches from the front of the insert for hours.
I have a little step stool right there that I sit on to tend the fire, and often my pants leg will be so hot I have to move away, but that cat just sits there and sits there.
I'm afraid his hair is going to ignight!

Cearbhaill said:
Two of mine ignore the fire altogether (other than chewing wood), but my big black guy will sit three inches from the front of the insert for hours.
I have a little step stool right there that I sit on to tend the fire, and often my pants leg will be so hot I have to move away, but that cat just sits there and sits there.
I'm afraid his hair is going to ignight!

Yes, my cats love when I bring another milk crate load of firewood inside, they'll scratch, chew and play with the splits I bring in. Makes a mess of the carpet though, wood chips everywhere. :)

sometimes, they'll lounge in front of the stove, once my black cat jumped on top of the stove... once...:)

Jay

Animals!
The Dogus named Bella in my avatar is a crazed wood hound.
She will stick her snout so close to the fire that one time she burnt it.
We had to move her sleeping unit farther away from the stove because she would get to crispy.

Good pic.......got a nice laugh here at work on a Monday !

WoodButcher

If you enlarge the picture you really can see the cat's reflection in the stove glass, red eyes and all! We have 4 cats; 3 of them are down in the stove room for the most part and the furriest one of them lays closest to the stove-you'd think that he would be too hot but he gives me lip when I try to add more wood, he doesn't want to move! The 4th cat goes upstairs and has our bed all to himself! They chew on the kindling twigs, smell the wood that I bring in from the garage, etc.

My other cat had a similar experience like Jay H's cat. I had a CI stove in the basement at the time that he jumped on all through the Summer. Not thinking, he jumped up on top of it early in the winter. Poor boy, I never saw him jump so fast and run up the steps. You couldn't see any damage on his pads but you couldn't help but chuckle (sometimes) because for the next week he walked with each paw down for only a split second, it was the craziest walk I ever saw. I am glad the stove was not at full bore. That boy never came down the basement again. He stays pretty clear of this one too, 10 years later (unlike his buddy) .

Thanks for sharing some great stories. The wife and I enjoyed them !

This is Rascal in his typical pose. Spends lots of time all the way on his back with all four paws in the air. Won't move a muscle to make it easy for me to throw another split in to keep him comfortable. Rick

Attachments

• stovecat.jpg
    stovecat.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 224
Status
Not open for further replies.