Just a rainy weekend project.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vikestand

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2014
Missurah
Built these wood side rails for hauling wood from stack to house this fall. Been using my wood trailer for that more than the UTV. So after our recent monsoons here in MO, I decided I would like to have a bed cover. Between working in the field, deer/turkey season, wood cutting etc...We will see how it holds up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 498
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 426
That looks awesome

Thanks! I like how it turned out. Everything but the bolts were recycled material. Now I kinda wish I bought a more visually pleasing canvas. Lol

I'll have it out this weekend when we are supposed to get rain and snow. That'll help me decide if I want to put a cover on the back. It may not be needed.

Looks good.
Too bad you didn't raise it a little higher.

Thought about making it taller but ahh, more work. Worked well today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 256
It's been awhile since I have been on here, but wanted to update my new side rails. I'm not much of a welder but it turned out pretty good I thought!
36737949_10102015639110431_2444068560176152576_n.jpg

Reactions: Hammy and JimBear
Also thinking about putting a canvas across the top. Thinking about welding four threaded studs at an angle and making a the canvas wrap around the top so it pulls tight. That canvas top has really come in handy over the last few years of keeping my gear out of the rain and even more so sun. I take this to the river pretty often and it's nice for the gear to have shade.

Both of those are nice. I have a similar Ranger and would like to do that one day.