Just a reminder...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
My carbon monoxide detector took a dump a couple nights ago. Was the Kidde plug in with battery back up. They say 7 years life span from date of manufacture, not date purchased.
Well sure as shat, 7 years, 8th burning season, beep.......beep..........beep...
Hmm just changed the battery with a lithium ion and no power outages yet, running on house electric.. Took battery out, plugged back in for exclusive outlet power...beep.......beep..........beep...
WTF I say.... Looks up online what the ERR code means... failure to inside equipment, so off to Home Depot I go today to buy a replacement. Will get the same one. Should be good for another 7 years.

Just a reminder to all to make sure you have at least one of two or more carbon monoxide detectors, and check you smoke detectors. I wanted the one that was both, and talks LOL, but it is not plug in, strictly battery.

I am bad, I have not rehung my smoke detectors in a while. Might just buy new ones.
Be safe, and keep warm to all.

Good reminder. I have a new smoke detector to replace our old one. Time to get up off my arse and get it done.

Well my trip to Home Depot was not less than any other trip there. Go with a list, had some things, didn't have other. Bought other stuff not on the list LOL.
So now I have a new Kidde carbon monoxide detector, got batteries for the smoke alarms, which I still need to put up, bought some new CF bulbs to try, and others for replacements, foam weather seal stripping for under a window that does not seal at the bottom, some window film to patch the hole I cut for the A/C unit last summer, and a Acurite weather forecaster setup with indoor/outdoor temps & humidity, barometer, weather history display and "mico-forecast display, blah, blah, blah., and of course lithium ion batteries for that. LOL damn I gotta stay away from that place.

Reactions: PapaDave
Uhuh, I try and stay focused, make a list, and once I walk in the door, it all goes to shat. Oooooh..... ahhhhh.... this is nice.... oh look at that.......LMAO

Reactions: PapaDave
I've had two brand new Kidde smoke detectors need replacement batteries in the last month. They start out with their own Kidde 9vs which you'd think would be decent batteries or they wouldn't put their name on them.

Thanks, good info. Checked mine. 6th year. I'll change it next year no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.