Just a wee bit of wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oppirs

Sep 14, 2012
SE Illinois
DSC01613.JPG A logger refused this Ash & Maple. It mine 4 the taken.

Looks good oppirs. Plenty of heat once its seasoned. My one concern is in the background I see a broken splitter pointing towards the sky? :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Gasifier
Nice haul:cool:

Info on this pick, a land-owner sold his timber this was what the buyer rejected. Nice 10' footers stacked, that land-owner called me to take it off his hands. A Win-Win!

DSC01607.JPG
Looks good oppirs. Plenty of heat once its seasoned. My one concern is in the background I see a broken splitter pointing towards the sky? :eek::eek::eek:

Good eye's ////\\\\ That splitter is on it last legs after this work-out! Not! A 21 ton 2 stage doing it job. But I feel the work-out. Only half the wood taken. I think another 5 cords are in order....

DSC01605.JPGDSC01619.JPG

Very nice score!

Thanks everyone. This was an out of the blue score. Owner sold his Ash/Oak/Maple. And I didn't even have to deal with the tops. More rejects than I can handle, so other wood-user are gettin' a stab at this in my area. It's a free for all.

This kind of work-out beats the gym....Now to stacking!

DSC01606.JPGDSC01614.JPG

Super score.
Yep, no gym membership needed if you process fire wood ;)
Gonna make some beautiful stacks :)

Reactions: Thistle
Great stuff.Really like Silver Maple for inbetween days.

Reactions: oppirs
Wow Oppirs. That is a super find! Don't worry about Wishlist and his statement about the vertical splitting. He just likes to pick a bit. Vertical is the easiest way to get wood split so continue on.

The only question I have is why all the separate piles of split wood? Is there a reason you don't split all in one spot?

What we do is cut during December-March. We do sort of stack it in one spot in the winter then do all the splitting in the spring. When finished, we simply stack the wood right there rather than moving it again.

3-31-09a.JPG

Splitting pile-2a.JPG

4-4-09f.JPG

Nice score there oppirs. Good for you. Some nice BTUs and a great price to boot.

That is an outstanding cache of firewood-to-be! Very nice find, oppirs. Makes me sore all over ("but it's a good sore") just looking at your pictures, heheh.

I have to pile on - nice grab on that wood. Will c/s/s into a nice bunch of heat. Well, it won't actually c/s/s itself. But you know that...

Wow Oppirs, Nice location! You sling any lead at any whitetails across that field?
By way of 30-06 or shotgun?
also love the big rounds on that trailer, yep, take what you can get. Never found a round I couldn't get split.
Nice work.

@ BS... No real reason to the multi-stacks, just how the wood rolled off and to fit the trailer on my land which is 1 acre. Made it easy to pull the splitter around to each group of rounds. All the girls got to feast on the ants, didn't want the goodies buried to deep.

Charli 1 027~3.jpg

@ Aussiedog... Thx for the comment! I don't sling lead like I use too. But Buck a plenty, pix just up to the North.

deer08 024.jpg

opps says

Name the chicken in yellew

Aracuena is the for off blue eggs

Very nice ! That looks like a little ADD piling but still fantastic all the same. ;lol

Pete

I know everyone likes updates. My pix of the stack (4 - 20") deep with SE IL snow.

Snow stack 1.JPG

Seeing all them rounds and splits is giving me the D,T's! I ain't had a good scrounge in weeks;sick

RB THX! Please do it!

If you put me in the Wood crazy camp. I'm Gulty!

Status
Not open for further replies.