Just a wondering how many dry wall buckets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
of compost should a scoop and a half at local Nursery be? with their"loader"?
I think I was overcharded...
It was close to closing time and sky was overcast threatening rain and I didnt want to have to make a mess in my pickyup bed so took dry wal buckets o get compost>>>.
so how do I do the math? or yall better at it???
oh goig to ask another quwestion in another thread
thanks yall

YOU MEAN YALL BRAINS OUT there have no comments??? how would I do the math?
thanks yall

How big was their bucket? Should we assume a 1 cubic yard bucket at the nursery? A 5 gallon bucket is .67 cubic feet.

And it goes back to how big of a bucket they are using at the nursery... How much were you charged for?

So you got just over 10 cubic feet. Only you could tell if you were overcharged, as compost quality is all over the board.

i just paid $38 for a yard of biocompost. and they loaded me up with just over 2 by accident and didn't charge me!

Good deal. 2 cu yds is heavy. That takes a nice large truck. Our Ranger will only take about 2/3 cu. yd., level loaded.

I pay $15 for bucket load, of course my bucket is 3/4 of yard. I have to drive down the road 1/2 mile from my house, unhook the electric fence, drive in get load and then drive out and rehook the fence. The farmer keeps an aged pile set aside.

Good deal. 2 cu yds is heavy. That takes a nice large truck. Our Ranger will only take about 2/3 cu. yd., level loaded.
i didn't say it all stayed in there while driving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.