Just another random "Nutcase"....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Not sure there's much randomness anymore, Gamma.
She's scary lookin'.
One of those "can't see the forest for the trees" things. Or, "if it was a snake, it woulda' bit you" things. I mean, how does she not know how bad that looks?
Maybe she has no mirror?
I'm havin' nightmares tonight, I just know it.

I saw this... freaking bizarre *says she with the white Irish kinda skin*

Her skin looks like it is 40 going on 70. Sad that a 5 yr old is caught in her sickness.

Maybe it's just me . . . but every time I see a picture of her it seems as though her skin is getting more and more darker and more and more leathery . . .

Scary looking woman . . . if I saw her coming at me in a dark alley I would be convinced I was living a true life horror movie.

Chit...I just realized she's friggin 1 year older than me.....I am feeling pretty damn good about myself now....LittleParrotLeftAnim.gif

I seen this story on Yahoo and viewing the related pictures to the story show her looking quite different in each photo.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/bronzed-u-mom...bXFtBF9TAwRlbWFpbElkAzEzMzYwODI0NzQ-?bcmt_s=e

After reading this link plus the one above I am really starting to think something is fishy about this story.
If she did bring the girl in the booth with her there should be proof via video from the tanning salon.
Also it doesn't say how bad the girl was sunburned and where was the burns, though it does state a little over a week and there are no signs of a sunburn.

Nor, does this article or the Yahoo article state past occurances.
Should the teacher and or a school rep have contacted the mother about their concerns? Yes
Should this issue been investigated by child protection?, maybe depending on answers from the schools/teachers inquiry.
Should the police been involved?, only after child protection was involved and documented that the child is at risk.

The mother may need some mental health evaluation due to her obsession with tanning, but that is another issue.

Schools jumping the gun without proper invesigation has caused many families to be broken up. This takes up the time of Child protection allowing for true child abuse to take place.

When she dies in 2 years from skin cancer I wonder how many wallets they can make out of her?:rolleyes:

When she dies in 2 years from skin cancer I wonder how many wallets they can make out of her?:rolleyes:

EWwwww - I never even thought about what the rest of her must look like.;sick

Schools jumping the gun without proper invesigation has caused many families to be broken up. This takes up the time of Child protection allowing for true child abuse to take place.

I wonder, then, who you would have being vigilant against child abuse/neglect? The mailman? I'm finding it hard to wrap my brain around the idea that someone other than an abusive parent thinks there's too much investigation into allegations. It's the other way around.

And what does this mean "without proper investigation" ? Isn't child protection the one who is supposed to investigate? Are you suggesting the school staff investigate?

And some people think I am a nutcase for protecting my daughter's skin by having her wear long sleeve rash guard shirts and a hat with a big brim in order to shade her face. We have tried sunblock and even by following all the recommendations for proper application she still burns. She has such pale skin she burns just by being in the sun for 15 minutes. She has gotten so sick of people asking her why she has a long sleeved shirt on in the summer. Her response now is I have two skin colors red or white and I prefer white. ;lol

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I think the woman is not only frequenting the tanning salon but using self tanner in excess as well.
In some of the footage she reminds me of the annoying orange...;lol;lol

Reactions: Eatonpcat
And some people think I am a nutcase for protecting my daughter's skin by having her wear long sleeve rash guard shirts and a hat with a big brim in order to shade her face. We have tried sunblock and even by following all the recommendations for proper application she still burns. She has such pale skin she burns just by being in the sun for 15 minutes. She has gotten so sick of people asking her why she has a long sleeved shirt on in the summer. Her response now is I have two skin colors red or white and I prefer white. ;lol

And this post brought back memories, bad memories. I had a brother who was fair skinned (red hair too). The three of us boys all spent many hours on tractors and, of course, you ain't nothing unless you go bare backed in the summer. We used to laugh at him because he always burned really bad. That came back to haunt the day he told me he had melanoma... He almost made it to his 50'th birthday.... RIP Jerry.

Hugs to ya, Dennis. I know the skin thing. Better to slather up with sun screen.

Back in the day, it wasn't cool. Now, from Memorial Day (usually) to the end of October, I slather it on. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hell, we even slather zinc oxide on the horses noses, especially a horse like Dix, with her facial coloring.

And this post brought back memories, bad memories. I had a brother who was fair skinned (red hair too). The three of us boys all spent many hours on tractors and, of course, you ain't nothing unless you go bare backed in the summer. We used to laugh at him because he always burned really bad. That came back to haunt the day he told me he had melanoma... He almost made it to his 50'th birthday.... RIP Jerry.

Very sad...Stay strong my friend!

Better to slather up with sun screen.

I wish sunscreen worked for my daughter, but no matter what kind or how it is applied she still burns. <> My husband's aunt has suffered severely from skin cancer and is very supportive at least. We learned to her discomfort that even bike riding requires wearing gloves as the back of her hands burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.