Just beginning...2012/2013

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wood-fan-atic said:
These are my 12/13 stacks so far. All black locust from Irene. I really need to find something BESIDES black locust for next year!

Man those stacks look awesome!!!

Have a load of logs that I will get started on. This is for somewhere around 13/14 or 14/15.. Depends on how much I sell. I have already sold 1.5 cord to my Uncle and Aunt this month.

Attachments

• Basement install 7 (Wood from house roof).jpg
    Basement install 7 (Wood from house roof).jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Rotating Stacks 2.jpg
    Rotating Stacks 2.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 206
  • Big pile of logs 3.jpg
    Big pile of logs 3.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 188
Nice score Stax, should be nice and dry for next year.

zap

Looks good Stax, those splits will be throwing some nice btu’s next year.

zap

Zap. Are you losing it in your old, I mean young age or what? You complimented Stax twice on his wood in this thread. :lol: No wonder your posting count is so high! :) Just kidding man. I happened to notice it and started laughing.

Stax, you are ahead of me. I wish I was working on 2012/2013. Very soon though. Very soon.

Gasifier said:
Nice score Stax, should be nice and dry for next year.

zap

Looks good Stax, those splits will be throwing some nice btu’s next year.

zap

Zap. Are you losing it in your old, I mean young age or what? You complimented Stax twice on his wood in this thread. :lol: No wonder your posting count is so high! :) Just kidding man. I happened to notice it and started laughing.

Stax, you are ahead of me. I wish I was working on 2012/2013. Very soon though. Very soon.

The first was after he split it then stacked it on the ground, my second post was for Stax moving it then stacking it in a rack. Don't worry about the post count, just worry about the cord count. :zip:

zap

Sorry if many have seen the picture below. It was split and stacked in April 2009. Now that we have this year's wood in the barn we know there is more than enough left from that in the picture to last one more year. So, that means I still have the cutting from 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. We should be okay for a while.

Wood-2009c-1.jpg

Dennis, I wish you were closer to me. I would buy some off of you to get a jump on things for next year. I am doing a small job for a friend and will make a couple hundred bucks. I think I might take that money and buy 5 face cord of wood from an Amish fella that is cut and split already and trailer that home. Save me some time and I can spend that with the family instead. Nice job on the wood.

Yes it would be nice if we were closer. Sadly it is too many miles even if I gave you the wood.

Backwoods Savage said:
Sorry if many have seen the picture below. It was split and stacked in April 2009. Now that we have this year's wood in the barn we know there is more than enough left from that in the picture to last one more year. So, that means I still have the cutting from 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. We should be okay for a while.

Wood-2009c-1.jpg

Never get tired looking at yours stacks Sav..... What a thing of Beauty.

Unbelievable ends... One day hope to end stack like yourself. Till then, I will build my Racks.. To lazy to end stack, yet I willing to take 30 min to build a rack. Go figure.

I too would like some of that 70 yr old, ur, um, I mean 7 yr old Ash. Thats definitely an accomplishment that you should be proud of. Better than money in the bank!!!!

Thanks Dexter but if you really tried I'm betting you could do even better.

Uncle said:
I didn't think you could store wood for five years.

My neighbore has wood for about two years uncovered in the shade and it looks like its rotten.

How long do you have before wood rots?

It's all in how you stack it . . . I have a stack of wood that has been sitting outside for at least two years, uncovered in the shade and it's now primo burning wood . . . of course I have it loose stacked and most importantly off the ground . . . it's a whole different story for my buddy who I helped unload splits that were literally sopping wet . . . he had two year old wood that was on the ground in a pile. I think he may have a challenge getting some of his wood to light up.

We have enough for 4 or 5 years. We have about 20 acres of good woods for firewood plus a lot more of pines.

Status
Not open for further replies.