Just Bought 30Ton Splitter for $175

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stihl 024 AV Super for $50 that "wouldn't run". I took a chance and grabbed it fast. It looked mint.
At home I pulled the muffler to look at the piston and cylinder. It turns out that an insect nest had the muffler outlet plugged solid.
3 pulls on the cord and it's been running great since.
Last week I scored a turret-style reloading press with tons of other stuff, well over $500 to buy all new, for $100. That beats the chainsaw deal.
I've been keeping an eye out for a splitter but no luck yet. Congrats on your score !

Farmi wench for my tractor. Like new but missing drive shaft. $400 at auction. Some one asked auctioneer what it was. Looks like some sort of wench but its missing parts. Only scrap buyer and I bid. I was going to resell it for $2000 to make a quick buck but then I used it. They sell well over $3000 now.
leaddog

I picked up 2 Gould 1hp 4inch deep well pumps brand new in the box for 100.00 at auction. Sold them on Ebay for 850 ea.

Ha the only bad thing about my deal is that the wife is still pretty pissed I spent $175 when she was willing to "help me split..." I know what that would have turned into.

Ya, I know. I gave him a call to let him know I got it started and he wants to know if I would like to come pick up a cord of seasoned oak for free. He said he has way too much wood for the winter and needs a place to store his fishing boat.

$175 for a 30 Ton Splitter and a cord of seasoned oak pick-up? Ill eat the $3 I think...

I've never heard someone suggest they have too much wood. This is my first house, just bought it and I have just under 5 cords ready haha

k3c4forlife said:
I've never heard someone suggest they have too much wood. This is my first house, just bought it and I have just under 5 cords ready haha

I had a pile of scrap junk burning behind the house next to the wood pile.
The 90 year old widow up the road called.
"Kenny, what are you burning?"
"I have too much firewood."
"Okay. Be careful."

Good deal and congrats! Hope it gives you many years of fun, er... work. Got a 5-ton manual winch at a garage sale for $18 a couple years back, and was trying to figure out how it worked and went online, selling for about $1100! Winch is worth more than the trailer it's on. Also found our Husky 372XP for $400 a couple months ago, our dealer thought it was a decent deal.

leaddog said:
Farmi wench for my tractor. Like new but missing drive shaft. $400 at auction. Some one asked auctioneer what it was. Looks like some sort of wench but its missing parts. Only scrap buyer and I bid. I was going to resell it for $2000 to make a quick buck but then I used it. They sell well over $3000 now.
leaddog

Man, I would love to get a good wench . . . but I'm not sure what the wife would think. ;) :)

Of course, I do have access to Dad's winch on the Kubota . . . and I have to admit . . . when I want to do some serious wood hauling nothing beats a good wench . . . I mean winch. ;) :)

I prefer using the wench

k3c4forlife said:
Ya, I know. I gave him a call to let him know I got it started and he wants to know if I would like to come pick up a cord of seasoned oak for free. He said he has way too much wood for the winter and needs a place to store his fishing boat.

$175 for a 30 Ton Splitter and a cord of seasoned oak pick-up? Ill eat the $3 I think...

Will you put up a U-Tube Vid of you eating three nice new one dollar bills?

(ducking and running)

Heck of a daal!

Peace,
- Sequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.