Just Bought a Hearthstone Homestead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kniffin50

Aug 9, 2008
in the notch- ct.
After much time searching and asking questions I decided on the Homestead for the basement. It will be finished off this winter and I think the Homestead will serve me nicely. I bought it at Green Mountain Stoves in New Hartford Ct. Jerry gave me a very good price I think.He comes in lower on most stoves and he dosen't make you pay extra for the door. And when the insert upstairs craps out I'll just drag the Homestead upstairs and make it work there.
Rusty

the homestead is a fantastic unit. i know you are gonna love it.

ok now, where's the install pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)BTW its good that you gave the dealer a plug, i would like to see more of that if a dealer does well by a customer, kinda like a good tip in a way , or even like telling friends about a particularly good restaurant or somthing. might get him a few extra sales. i ask customers who tell me they had "X" chimney service in for the annual service on their flue/unit, i ask them if they would refer them to their neighbors, if answer is yes i get their info and if i get a call from that area asking if i know someone in a particular area i pull the "X" chimney service" number off my rolodex and tell em , "call this guy i had a customer say they were very good" word of mouth is a powerful advertising tool. we as hearth product owners will only help the folks who come here to find answers by doing so and reward good service with more buisness at the same time.

They deliver it in two weeks when i'm on vacation.For$95 they bring it and put it in place and then I can hook it up.
Rusty

We wanna see FIRE

kniffin50 said:
...when the insert upstairs craps out I'll just drag the Homestead upstairs and make it work there.

You sure have a knack for making that sound like an easy project. %-P Rick

fossil said:
kniffin50 said:
...when the insert upstairs craps out I'll just drag the Homestead upstairs and make it work there.

At least it isn't an Equinox. :bug:

Great! I like the Homestead. It is a good size for my house. You'll love the soapstone heat.

kniffin50 said:
They deliver it in two weeks when i'm on vacation.For$95 they bring it and put it in place and then I can hook it up.
Rusty

That's a great price for delivery. The dealer near me wanted $400 for that and then installation started at $500. They would not sell the stove unless they delivered and installed it. As you can see, I purchased a Woodstock Fireview. It sounds like you have a good dealer. Jeff

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:
kniffin50 said:

My Equinox will be deilvered thursday for $200-$250! My dealer quoted $450.

I got my Equinox at Green Mountian Stove also.
There definaitly worth a plug.
Good price & Nice people.
doug

FireWalker said:
BrotherBart said:
fossil said:
kniffin50 said:

My Equinox will be deilvered thursday for $200-$250! My dealer quoted $450.

After having to get four other kids and a high school coach to help me move the Mansfield into our basement $200-250 does not seem that bad for not having to risk injury on anyone that is not aware of what they are up against. We went twice two steps at one time and if it went three I was sure we would not have been able to stop it until it hit the bottom of the steps. It is not easy stopping 550 lbs once it gets moving :snake:

Status
Not open for further replies.