Just bought a Jotul Oslo...bye bye Homestead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04RevX

Jul 5, 2008
Western MA
Just put down a deposit on an Oslo. Should be delivered in the next week or two!! Can't wait!

I loved my Homestead, it was a great stove...I just needed something bigger.

Good for you. I currently have the Heritage and want a 2nd stove to better heat my house. I am thinking seriously about the Oslo. Please let me know how you like it.

04RevX said:
Just put down a deposit on an Oslo. Should be delivered in the next week or two!! Can't wait!

I loved my Homestead, it was a great stove...I just needed something bigger.
You should be very happy with it. Just know that it hates wet wood so don't even try. And every time you open the front door keep a newspaper on the floor to catch the ashes. And when you mt the ash drawer look inside to clear any fallen ashes or the door will be hard to close. I usually jiggle the drawer to settle the ash before pulling it out. That's most of my Oslo tips of three years use. I love the stove. Be safe .
Ed

When I open my front door,(which is rare) I open it just a bit and then give it a small tap, this let's the ash fall partially into the stove and the rest onto the ash tray. I love my Oslo!

She's here :) Not hooked up yet though...nor is she even centered on my hearth pad. I just wanted it here. I have to take out the masonry chimney because its not up to par. going to be running a stainless insulated chimney. Can't wait to burn!!

Attachments

• jotul 002.jpg
    jotul 002.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 559
04RevX said:
She's here :) Not hooked up yet though...nor is she even centered on my hearth pad. I just wanted it here. I have to take out the masonry chimney because its not up to par. going to be running a stainless insulated chimney. Can't wait to burn!!
Looks great, just like mine but the glass is cleaner. Be safe.
Ed

The Oslo is a fantastic stove. Took me a month or so to have her really figured out, but once you have it dialed in, the heat output is tremendous, and you have a great view of the fire.

I think you'll be pretty happy with the Oslo . . . one of the best purchases I've made in a long time.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm installing the chimney this summer. I don't care if its 95* out I'm still going to make a fire!!

Status
Not open for further replies.