Just bought a Lopi "Yankee", We think the dealer was super

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gottago

We just bought our first pellet stove tonight. In may we decided to go with the Lopi "Yankee" free standing stove, and put our name on a buyers list. The dealer called this morning and said that our stove arrived late yesterday afternoon. So we went to get it this evening. When we arrived at the store I told the sales manger that this was to be our first pellet stove and I really knew little about one. He took the time to go over the operation and maintenance of the unit with us by demostraighting everything on a working floor model of the same stove. He made sure we were well informed about the stove, it's cleaning, and the installation requirement's. After this we sit down and discussed how I planned to perform the installation. He made a list of everything we had asked for and told us that he would be back in a few minutes with the total. When he returned he reminded us that we had bought a stove from his store some 20 odd years ago (we had forgotten that). He said you need the stove, a clean out tee, a 45 elbow, a 90 elbow, piping, a 4" to 8" thimble adapter, a 40" X 40" tiled floor/hearth pad (my old one was not large enough for the new stove), a 10" flexible pipe cleaning brush, and 2 tubes of high temp silicone. I said alright how much ts all this going to cost? He said hold on a minute we have a special going on at this time and 1 ton of pellets are included, but since you are a "retuning" customer we are providing you with 2 tons of free pellets. He had told us earlier that a liner kit would not be needed, and the store offered a written guarantee/warranty stating that they would provide a "installed" liner kit at no cost to us if it were needed or they would refund our money 100% in full. The total price came to $3,900.oo. We think that was a good deal. Hopefully this stove will serve us as good as the old Vermont Castings "Vigilant" did. It lasted 20 some odd years, with very little maintenance. We have read a lot on this form over the last few months, and this is our first post. Sorry for it being so long, but we very excited and are now like little kids on Christmas morning waiting to try it out. Guess we will find out how things go this winter.

Sounds like a good deal and a great dealer. We will be hanging out waiting for pictures of the new stove installation.

Congrats!

Webmaster said:
Was it the good folks at Tri-County energy?

Tri county are a good bunch , i agree with ya on that web.

wouldnt mind knowing myself, by all means if they were good to you , be good to them , give em a plug! let the folks who read this thread know they did well by you.

I was did not advise of the dealers name because I was not sure if that was allowed here or not.

The dealer is "Bryler's Stove Shoppe", located in Dover Delware. Their sales manager is Rick Lapp, he and his sales staff seem to be very knowladgeable about the products they are selling.
I don't know jack squat about a pellet stove, but I figured with the stores well known reputation I would proceed. Bryler's does sell a lot of stoves in this area. Customers claim that the service they have received from Bryler's is "A-1, outstanding, people of their word,etc". I will get some pictures of the installation when it is completed.

Last winter was mild for us. I could not burn wood due to a major heart attack. We installed a propane furnace to heat the home. Our monthly cost to heat with propane last winter ran anywhere from $550.oo to $675.oo. Maybe that is what gave me the heart attack :bug: . We were advised by our propane dealer that the cost of propane has risen, so the cost per gallon will be going up even higher this year. I know the price of pellets has risen also, but everyone I talked with that owns a pellet stove claimed that pellet heating was cheaper than anything other than having an unlimted supply of free wood that was cut, split, and stacked ready to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.