just bought a used quadrafire contour...now have questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpodolski

Aug 5, 2007
Just bought a used contour of of craigslist, now here goes. when plugged in exhaust fan starts but no matter what temop i tell the thermostat it will no start. Unlike my true piece of chit whitfield (worst mistake I evermade) this has a 4 wire thermostat, what do I jumper to tell the stove to start?...thats my only questiion for now ...thanks in advance

marc podolski

i thought there was a bridge on the two inner screws, and the two wire thermo wire was on the outside screws. Did you download the manual? it would be the same for the sante fe and castile.

well started it using gel packs feeds fine and combustion is ok...sometimes seems to roar though, but the room comvection fan never kicks on. I jumpered snap switch 0ne (purple leads) and voltage to the fan goes from 0v to only 1.5 v or so...any ideas?

marc4fishing said:
well started it using gel packs feeds fine and combustion is ok...sometimes seems to roar though, but the room comvection fan never kicks on. I jumpered snap switch 0ne (purple leads) and voltage to the fan goes from 0v to only 1.5 v or so...any ideas?

Please be safe when testing. Always unplug the stove!

You could just wire the motor to test it. I usually pull the motor out of the stove. Make sure its a 120V motor. wire it with a pigtail. Plug it in momentarily. If it runs then there is another issue.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.