Just bought an Englander 25-PDvc New in box $999.00!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedNeck Wrangler

Jun 6, 2008
"The Alton Bog" Maine
Marden's in Brewer, Maine had 4 of them. They had the Timber Ridge Name.

Dom...I bought my Englander back in May anticipating all the rush and cost increase....for $1299...oh well...did they have pellets?

best regards
Ossy :-/

No pellets. I got there right as they were bringing them in. People started swarming around them. :bug:

CB1200 said:
No pellets. I got there right as they were bringing them in. People started swarming around them. :bug:

All ready had the cart and credit card in hand uh? Got a good deal, I seen them for $1299..

guys, the timberridge stoves at marden's are "reconditioned" units. that said, there is nothing wrong with them , each were personally checked out by myself or another of our techs, anything suspect replaced, then test fired before being cleaned all the way up and repainted. the unit still comes with the "new unit" warranty. in essence what you are buying there is a "factory tested" stove

I wasn't told it was reconditioned, I don't think I wood have bought it.

CB1200 said:

im pretty sure it is, however , the unit is in perfect working order or it woldnt have been selected for reconditioning, it will have the same support and warranty as if it rolled off the assembly line today, my word on that. and its still a pretty good price. only reason i commented to start with is that you described it as "new in box" and i figured you deserved to know. at this point its your decision where to go from here. its a good unit though. odds are actually very good that i had my personal hands on the unit during the reconditioning if that makes you feel any better and i do stand behind my work.

stoveguy2esw said:
CB1200 said:

im pretty sure it is, however , the unit is in perfect working order or it woldnt have been selected for reconditioning, it will have the same support and warranty as if it rolled off the assembly line today, my word on that. and its still a pretty good price. only reason i commented to start with is that you described it as "new in box" and i figured you deserved to know. at this point its your decision where to go from here. its a good unit though. odds are actually very good that i had my personal hands on the unit during the reconditioning if that makes you feel any better and i do stand behind my work.

Well for that kind of price I sure would be tempted to buy one if I never already bought an Enviro Evoultion for $1200.00 more then you paid. Auctally would have been tempted to buy 2 and made sure the house would be warm, would still be cheaper then one Enviro. Not going to get that kind of price on a Stove in Canada though. To be honest I would almost feel more comfortable buying a reconditioned unit that has been gone through part by part as Stoveguy2 says it has. They just might be better then units comming off the assembly line without being tested as throughly. That is if they are checked out as well as Stoveguy2 says and he sure seems to be honest from the posts I have read. Also with Stoveguy2 willing to help anybody with problems its kind of reassuring that help is close at hand if there is a problem.
I do think the store should have said that it was a reconditioned stove if it is. If you do not feel comfortable with a rebuilt I would think you could make the store take it back and buy yourself a stove you are comfortable with and give you some piece of mind. I did a lot of research, asked a lot of questions before I bought the enviro floor model that was being cleared out. Only got the deal because I knew what I was getting in the stove, price was right and will heat what I need, hopefully. The main thing is you need to feel comfortable with your purchase just like anything else.
Best of luck to you.

CB1200 said:

I know with most consumer goods...it is the law that it be marked and clearly sold as such. I'm sure Englander indicated this to the dealer......but he may not have passed it on. If it is the law, then not telling the customer is wrong, no matter how good the stove is tested at the factory.

Of course, this is not the suggestion box, but having such a tag inside the stove and very readable/hard to remove might go a long way toward making sure dealers don't "forget".

The FTC issued an opinion for Sony a couple of years ago on this issue. The opinion stated that if the item had only been "inspected" by a customer and could be verified as never "turned on" that with proper packaging and inserts restoration it could be sold as new. Otherwise it had to be labeled on the packaging by the manufacturer that it was "refurbished".

I resell used carrier class telecommunications equipment to phone companies and ISPs, most times without ever laying eyes on it. "Refurbished" is a badly abused term in that market. When a customer asks if the item is refurbished I tell them that, no, they will need to wipe the dust off of it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.