Just Checking...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks here, believe it or not, are pretty thick skinned and pretty easy going . . . they just try to keep the forum focused on wood burning.

It takes a lot to get banned . . . I can only think of a handful of folks who have managed to do so.

Sometimes it's easy to assume that folks who burn wood also like outdoor activities like hunting / fishing / etc, but often times, that isn't the case.

Problem is that over the years, when hunting topics come up, the often evolve into gun topics, then often times turn in pro-anti (hunting / gun / meat eating / killing), etc, etc.

In all, what I don't want to see happen is folks who all get along well together when we stick to talking about the wood burning stuff, start to become disagreeable once these sort of activities get discussed.

Unfortunately, history often repeats itself, and I for one hate to see that happen.

So, it's just simpler to keep the topics related to wood when here.

Hope that makes sense,

pen

Pen is spot on. Nobody was banned, it was just a thread that us long timers have seen a hundred times - that would inevitably head down a path unwanted. It was a beautiful buck and you should be proud, but there are better suited forums to post that too.

In that light - gonna shut this one down.

True story - When this website was moved from hearthnet.net to hearth.com I was the very first thread to get banned in the ash can.;lol;lol;lol

If anyone has any further questions concerning this, feel free to start up a convo with me. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.