1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Just cleaned the oil Furnace......

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by pelletizer, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pelletizer

pelletizer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pellet County N.H.
    I just got done cleaning my Peerless oil furnace, I have been doing it now for 4 or 5 years, What a pain in the $%%
    It was not bad as last year and I am looking foward to not cleaning it next year due to the fact that I will be burning pellets.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    I just has an OB service tech do mine too
    My insurance co did in fact inquire about it being cleaned periodically. Imagine that!
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Never heard of that before......
  4. pelletizer

pelletizer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pellet County N.H.
    I have heard of uncleaned neglected furnaces sending sooty smoke into the home then requiring profesional cleaning maybe that's why the insurance company was inquiring but not sure?
  5. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Next door to me had a plugged nozzle on their oil burner some years ago and most of the whole house interior had to be cleaned and repainted due to blowback.. Insurance company paid so I wasn`t surprised one bit when they wanted to know if i had mine cleaned regularly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.