Just connected and fired up an old oil burner in shop.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
got new lines/filter and connnected to existing oil tank......cleaned contacts on probes and primed pump.....she fired up and after a minute or so the fan turned on and away we went......

should i replace the nozzle if she is kicking? she has a <.65 3.0> feed,
without actually getting her checked out pro, is there a way to roughly know the efficiency and adjustment on damper?

oil is cheaper than pellets right now and i will fill up tanks and hold pellets for when oil pops!!

set the baro damper on .02 draft. adjust the air band on the furnace untill through the baro damper on the flue with a flashlight you can see a trace of grey smoke, then open the air band on the burner one full number notch more than what it's set at when you saw the trace of smoke. you should have it pretty roughly dialed in. unless i was using it in a home for continuous heat, i wouldn't really waste the time to dial it in absolutely perfectly w/ a kit.

berlin said:
set the baro damper on .02 draft. adjust the air band on the furnace untill through the baro damper on the flue with a flashlight you can see a trace of grey smoke, then open the air band on the burner one full number notch more than what it's set at when you saw the trace of smoke. you should have it pretty roughly dialed in. unless i was using it in a home for continuous heat, i wouldn't really waste the time to dial it in absolutely perfectly w/ a kit.

thanks berlin will try this, as the furnace band appears to be wider open than needed.....
do you think i should swap in a new nozzle or let it alone?

a new nozzle wouldn't hurt, and they're pretty cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.