Just enjoying it now...F600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
Installed new F600 and redid hearth in the Spring. Now, with the cold, I am just enjoying. Wood supply is good. Stove is heating well. Just enjoying it all now.

Been away for awhile and forgot how much I enjoy reading all the posts.

Helped parents install a vermont castings in the fall. Man, my dad is having some trouble learning the stove. Anyone have difficulties with the glass blackening? Glass on my stoves wipes clean easily. The glass on his Montpelier not not wipe clean. Ideas?

Here are before and after pics of the F600

pre1.jpg

002%20(3).jpg

005%20(3).jpg

schweeet! looks like she sits in front of the hearth so you are gonna get a ton o heat.

Awsome, I wanna do that instead of an insert on the other end of the house. Really nice

Looks very nice. :)

VCBurner said:
What a beautiful hearth! Did you do the work your self? Looks fantastic. Congrats!

Thanks. Yes, I did the work myself. Took some time, but happy with the outcome. Hearth folks helped too!!

Very nice set up. Beautiful pictures. Learning my stove for alittle over a month now, less than ideal wood could cause the glass to get darker, but so could lower burn temps. Now that I'm burning truly seasoned wood, the ceramic glass on my 400 stays much cleaner. In the yotul manual, it says that the air wash performs best when the primary air control lever is open. So when I turn the air waaayyy down, the glass gets alittle stained, but cleans right up during the next hot fire. Born and raised in central bucks myself, doylestown to be exact. Go cb west! Be well

That big iron burning looks fantastic.

Heck of a job and a hell of a stove guy.

I'm quite sure it did take "some time"...and "some effort"...and "some money"...and "some imagination"...and "some patience"...and some "everything else". But I'll tell ya what, it was worth all of it, so far as I can see from the pics. Nice job. Enjoy. Rick

That looks really nice!

Beautiful setup.

If I remember reading correctly, the Montpelier seems to prefer extremely dry wood. In my own situation, I constantly got some blackening in the lower left corner of my glass. I've remedied this by leaving the air open just a little bit. Previously, I would shut it down all the way. Glass stays pretty clean now. Burn times seem to be the same.

Real nice install,and a cozy place to enjoy the fire,stove is awesome.

really nice.....is that real stone, fabricated stone, from a kit or did you design it all. once again, NICE!

cass

I just wanted to chime in with one more compliment - heck of a transformation there! Great job!

It's one of those things you not only get to sit back and enjoy the vibe and "zen" of it all, but you get to save money too!

How can you not love that!!

Very nice installation . . . I like this a lot.

That's a stunning transformation. Well done! How do you like the new stove?

tcassavaugh said:
really nice.....is that real stone, fabricated stone, from a kit or did you design it all. once again, NICE!

cass

Stone veneer. Just kinda of had an idea what I wanted and went with it. My wife was worried with the wood holder that it would not be symetrical, but I went with it. I couldn't find any pics online of what I was thinking so I just went with this and happy with the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.