1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Just finished Stacking Pellets

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by camdids, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camdids

camdids Member

Loc:
    Very North and Very East Mass.
    Just finished stacking 4tons of Cleanfire from PelletSales.Wasnt too bad really. Quite impressed with how they arrived. Only had 2 bags at the bottom of the skids with damage and found two more with water damage.
    being new to this, I looked at the pellets and they largely seem to be about a half to one inch in length. I spotted a few(very few) about an inch and a half. Is this normal.
    Also very very little dust in the bags. Just the ones with water damage. Seemed like the wet parts just turned into plain old sawdust.

P.S I paid 18.43/ton delivery. Looked today and there qouting $17.20. I swear last week they were quoting abou $40.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. AndrewChurchill

AndrewChurchill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Vermont
    It took four of us about an hour to unload the truck and stack 8 tons of pellets. I'd much rather spend an hour a year stacking pellets than stacking an equivalent amount of wood! ;)
  3. Ductape

Ductape Member

Loc:
    Central NH
    Coincidentally, i stacked two ton of Pennington's last night...... all i've been able to find around here. I hate to admit it, but i need to move them all into my basement before heating season arrives. Don't beat up on me over my messy barn, i have too much crap in there.

[​IMG]
  4. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Much easier than the multiple handling and stacking of dirty messy cordwood not to mention the 3 times + daily loading and babysitting the fire and then all the ashes to contend with not to mention the creosote and chimney cleaning.
  5. BubbRubb

BubbRubb New Member

Loc:
    Hagerstown, MD
    That Kuboter looks like it is right off the showroom floor.
  6. Ductape

Ductape Member

Loc:
    Central NH
    05....... 300 hrs. :)
  7. BubbRubb

BubbRubb New Member

Loc:
    Hagerstown, MD
    Well, you take good care of your equipment. I'd be finding some way to use that tractor when moving the pellets.
  8. Ductape

Ductape Member

Loc:
    Central NH
    Thanks, yes..... a set of forks is high on the list. It won't lift a ton....... but it should lift about half. That many less to move by hand !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.