Just for personal needs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Back in May, as many of you know, I was diagnosed with a large kidney tumor, and that mess dragged on until April 1st when I finally had surgery to get the issue resolved.

Well, I am doing well, more or less, as in August I had a stroke and that really messed things up a bunch.

Well, shortly after I found out about the tumor I decided to get a little tattoo as a marker, and to cheer me up a little.

So I got a cute little mouse tattoo.

I really am not a tattoo hound by any means and have always been critical of of too much ink.

During preop for surgery my nurse asked about the significance of the mouse, so I explained that it was sort of like a pitty party thing, and she asked if I was going to get another mouse as a mate once things were well again, and I told her that the thought had crossed my mind.

We got real busy getting ready to head to the O R so the conversation was forgotten.

A couple weeks ago I began thinking about this idea again and decided to pursue the idea.

I wanted something more exotic this time, so I started contemplating ideas.

Stopped off at the TAT shop last week and had a chat with my fav artist and we kicked around some of my ideas.

Now I wanted a way to create some symbolism but yet have a lovely piece of artwork.

I have always liked the rising phoenix (mythical bird that rose from its own ashes) and this concept kept creeping into my mind.

Well, what finally came of the concept is rather unique to say the least, the MONIX was born.

Here is the finished concept and I will get it done soon.

The Tat is not really very big and is located, well you guys can guess. :)

So, soon my lonely little mouse will have this firey little mate looking back at him across the valley.

Snowy

Attachments

• mousetat.JPG
    mousetat.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 95
Great you're doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.