Just for Starters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWfuel

Minister of Fire
Well, It is time again to offer all the NEW Members some FREE Super Cedar Firestarters. Email your shipping info to [email protected] and they are on their way.

I would also like to say hello to everyone and I look forward to hanging out here for the new season. Hope it is COLD and SNOWEY but most of all SAFE for you and your families.

Enjoy, Thomas

Welcome back Thomas,
Have a question for ya. When are you going to start shipping or selling to the midwest? I would like to try some of those bio logs in my fireplace but nobody has them around here except Menards and they are the cheap 2 or 3 pound logs that break apart and expand to twice their size.

Hi, Thomas:

I was just checking my supply from last year the other day - gonna have to order some more. Good timing on your post.

Welcome back.

Hi Tom,

I still have 26 left of the 30 I ordered last year. At this rate, I will order my next batch in 9 years !!!!!

See you then.

carpniels

PS. They are a LOT easier that starting the fire with newspapers and kindling. But I start the fire a few times in october, and then burn continuously from november through march. Not many times I have to start a fire from cold.

Hi Tom,

I still have 26 left of the 30 I ordered last year. At this rate, I will order my next batch in 9 years !!!!!

See you then.

carpniels

PS. They are a LOT easier that starting the fire with newspapers and kindling. But I start the fire a few times in october, and then burn continuously from november through march. Not many times I have to start a fire from cold.

I've still got a few left from the box I ordered last year, but I'll probably be placing another order soon. I took advantage of the free sample last year and based on the results placed a full order shortly after. Good stuff.

Welcome back Tom, hope the "off season" was a good one.

Thomas - good to hear from ya again. Did you ever get a chance to look into the possibility of stamping the face to be broke into 4 pieces instead of 2. Heck a half of one of those things darn near gets the stove to operating temp.

hey tom,
thanks for the email, and im looking forward to trying the starters, i also forwarded your e mail with link to todd hudson at the shop he generally deals with advertising and web stuff, hopefully he can do somthing with it, i pushed him a little bit about it.

thanks again

mike holton

ESW

stoveguy2esw said:
i also forwarded your e mail with link to todd hudson at the shop he generally deals with advertising and web stuff,...

Speaking of that, when is the new website coming?

i'd like to try some :) any idea where i can order them and what they are?

Stevebass4 said:
i'd like to try some :) any idea where i can order them and what they are?

Use the email address Tom has in the OP. He will send ya some. Everybody raves about them. I haven't tried them because I end up with enough splitter scraps to do the job all season.

Check'em out at http://www.supercedar.com/ .

Great thanks Guys - i sent Tom an e-mail and i'll cover the shipping :)

Todd said:
Welcome back Thomas,
Have a question for ya. When are you going to start shipping or selling to the midwest? I would like to try some of those bio logs in my fireplace but nobody has them around here except Menards and they are the cheap 2 or 3 pound logs that break apart and expand to twice their size.

Hello Todd,
I wish we could ship them that far. The machinery that produces the 8 lb log was built in 1929. They have not been duplicated that I know of. There is smaller ones as you refer to, but I feel these are the best for my buck. I will keep you informed if I hear of a way to get them there. I would offer you 6 or so for free if you want to pay the shipping.
Thomas

Jags said:
Thomas - good to hear from ya again. Did you ever get a chance to look into the possibility of stamping the face to be broke into 4 pieces instead of 2. Heck a half of one of those things darn near gets the stove to operating temp.
Hello Jags,

I am in the process of building a new machine now. Should be done around Dec. 1st. I like your idea, but it takes me awhile to act. Good to hear from you also. Take care!
Thomas

Thank you very much for the fast e-mail and free samples Thomas.

Are these similar to the fire startes in the 24 hour kits? What we have here in idaho looks almost like compressed sawdust in wax.

Cool. I just sent him an email to see if he can send me one. Where is he located? I am here in Idaho i hope its not to far.

Webmaster said:
Somewhat, but Thomas has a secret formula which stimulates all five senses - although I have not figured out the "hearing" part yet....maybe they make a slight crackling sounds while burning. :coolsmirk:
Who did the taste test? :-/

GVA said:
Webmaster said:
Somewhat, but Thomas has a secret formula which stimulates all five senses - although I have not figured out the "hearing" part yet....maybe they make a slight crackling sounds while burning. :coolsmirk:
Who did the taste test? :-/

Warnock Hersey. UL refused to.

Status
Not open for further replies.