just for the pellet pigs: top shelf

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

summit

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
central maine
Heres a little something the pellet pigs will appreciate: who wouldn't like to have this trifecta stacked up in the garage? Left to right: Barefoot, Okanagan, Cubex. Nothing but the best, baby!!!

Attachments

• top shelf (WinCE).jpg
    top shelf (WinCE).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 617
Saw the title . . . .

Almost sprained my mouse finger in my haste to open the thread . . . .

Nothing but the best is RIGHT!

Ranger

I'll have to post a pic of our storage yard next door (these pallets are just the tip of the iceberg, the ones we leave by the shop door for folks who buy individual bags) with the multiple pallets of okies, barefoots and cubex... I think we got about 40 ton total over there right now. But, maybe that might be too much excitement for you pellet pigs out there.... :)

You hurt my feelings Summit.... :)
Us corn burners have feelings too....

Summit....that is a beautiful sight!

I'm working on a plan...I think I'm going to sell the ton of (last years) Lignetics I have left, then buy four tons of Okies and a ton of Cubex. The Ligs are good, but the Okanagans are just head and shoulders above them.
I can get four tons of the Okies for under $1000.

I'm down to my last few bags of Okies .....waaaaaaaaaaa!

Chan

Yes put them in the garage and get them out of the weather, never burn pellets stored outside.

Eric

:)
Topshelf said:
You hurt my feelings Summit.... :)
Us corn burners have feelings too....

sorry, top shelf, I'll go down to the feed store and take a pic of some cherry pits or feed corn...

Chan, Ranger, and Jay.

Now we know where to go to do our midnight requisition.

Who wants to drive the getaway rig? I'll operate the fork lift. I think I can remember how to do it even though it has been a several decades.

Maybe we can get a convoy going.

Poor summit, he should know better than trying to bait Pellet Pigs. BTW, I think pig baiting might be illegal in Maine.

Have you checked the laws on that summit?

SmokeyTheBear said:
Chan, Ranger, and Jay.

Now we know where to go to do our midnight requisition.

Who wants to drive the getaway rig? I'll operate the fork lift. I think I can remember how to do it even though it has been a several decades.

Maybe we can get a convoy going.

Poor summit, he should know better than trying to bait Pellet Pigs. BTW, I think pig baiting might be illegal in Maine.

Have you checked the laws on that summit?

The only thing we can't use for bait is a jelly doughnut in a pail... using pellets is all good! :lol:
I gotta warn you, we got a killer security system 'round here: Just about every city cop has bought a pellet stove from us, and they always make sure to give the yard a good look over a couple times a night.... when they are there loading pellets into the back of their cruisers!! ;-)... They don't take kindly to the ole midnight competion on their "protection" pellets!

summit said:
The only thing we can't use for bait is a jelly doughnut in a pail... using pellets is all good! :lol:
I gotta warn you, we got a killer security system 'round here: Just about every city cop has bought a pellet stove from us, and they always make sure to give the yard a good look over a couple times a night.... when they are there loading pellets into the back of their cruisers!! ;-)... They don't take kindly to the ole midnight competion on their "protection" pellets!

A well timed phone call to police HQ about the time of the "operation", that there are 2 dozen free donuts on the other side of town should take care of the "protection" system. When it comes down to deciding between donuts or pellets, donuts will win out every time...... :lol:

What a tease ;-)

I have tried both the Okies and Barefoot and really like em both. Would love to try
out those Cubex but they are nowhere to be found around here for some reason.

anyone know how to find a local cubex dealer?
Have been on their website but it's all flooring stuff.

I'm in Central VT/NH border area.

check out Northern pellets, they are one in the same... just a different bag.

mascoma said:
Finally found the right site. My closest Dealer is 70 miles... No thanks.
Here is the link for anyone else looking for Cubex dealer.

http://www.lauzonpellets.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=62&lang=en

To be honest w/ you, mascoma: the barefoots you are burning run just about equal w/ the cubex as far as cleanliness goes... there is some BTU difference between the 2, but overall, I think you'll find the Barefoot are less $, negating the BTU difference.sd

Status
Not open for further replies.