Just found the site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

They Call Me Pete

Burning Hunk
Nov 18, 2007
CT
Just saying HI. I came across this from another one of my favorite forums. I've just purchased a Avalon Rainer 90 to put into my fireplace. I swore I'd never burn wood again but after price of oil I'm back. I will have to say it'll be nice to have a fire going to look at and have the house a constant temp. Forced hot air sucks!!! Plus people pay me to get rid of their wood/tree's.

Welcome to the forum. A couple quick rules:
1. Englander and Pacific Energy (in whorehouse red) are the only acceptable brands of wood stoves to own.
2. Stove dealers are all crooks and know nothing about the products they sell.
3. Anyone that lives between the Right and Wrong coasts descends from weaklings that "couldn't survive on the right coast and couldn't make it to the wrong one. If further explanation of this rule is needed talk to Mike Explainer in Chief.

Sounds like you're a prime candidate for wood burning. That Avalon is a good stove I'm sure you'll enjoy.

:lol: LOL :lol:

4. Anyone that doesn't have 20 cords in their backyard, split and ready, is a wuss.

6. BeGreen won't talk to you until you provide pictures of your house, stove, chimney, three oldest children and a copy of a certified blueprint of your house.

7. BB will provide you lots of information that addresses not one thing that you asked about in your post.

and the carbon footprint projection for the next 5 years... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.